Table of Contents
- No appointment needed when dropping off a computer for service.
- We may ask to call first in the event we need access to your mobile phone or consultation with a technician.
- When brought in, we prefer to start the computer at the counter and talk things over.
- Making a list of issues with the necessary passwords is helpful, such as startup or email passwords.
- Shop time is typically 24 hours, but we ask for 2-3 days.
- Emergency repairs are addressed as quickly as possible.
- If it turns out the cost of repair is too expensive, we have a checkout charge.
- You are free to place a limit on the repair cost above $99.
- For laptops, phones, tablets, or printers, we ask for the power cable. Some computers have custom cables also.
Checking In / Evaluating / Questions / Advice
When a device is brought in for service, we like to start it at the counter in order to do a quick eval and confirmation of the problem(s).
- There is no charge for a check-in evaluation, questions, or advice.
- We may be able to offer an exact estimate at the time of arrival.
- It may be determined that the cost of repair is not worth the expense.
- Sometimes we find the device brought in is working properly and the problem is elsewhere or operation in nature.
- In-Shop service is the most thorough with the highest value.
- No work outside the upper range is done without approval.
- Includes the repair of all issues found, not just the stated issue(s). If an expensive, unknown issue is found, we stop and notify.
- We use decades of common sense to determine if a device should be repair, upgraded, or replaced. The last thing we want is to service equipment that fails in a month.
- Remote Service means logging into your computer, with your permission, in an attempt to resolve any issues you may have. It's meant to avoid bringing in the computer for in-shop serivce.
- You must have at least a working Internet connection and a computer working well enough to get on the Internet.
- Remote is not a thorough service. Most often the immediate issue(s) are taken care of only.
- Remote Service is typically billed in 15-20 minute intervals.
- We guide you on how to download the software needed by us to log in with.
- If the issue cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, we will ask that the device be brought in.
- On-site or In-home service is the most expensive type of service.
- We make every effort to reduce those cost with remote service, if possible.
- Unlike shop service where we can work on multiple computers at once, spreading out the labor costs, on-site is one device only at a time.
- If we find the service will take an excessive amount of time, we'll bring the device back to the shop, service it, then deliver it back.