~$809 as of 12/29/2019
Products, prices and specification change constantly. The listed recommendations are for general information only and should not be accepted as accurate at any given time. Always confirm current specifications match your needs.
Screen: 15.6″ – No Touch
Processor: Intel i5-8265U)
Drive: M.2 256 NVMe SSD
Battery: 56Whr, 4 Cell
No DVD Drive
Windows 10 Pro
- Good entry into the higher grade, Latitude model line.
- Has built in drive encryption capabilities using a TPM module.
- Comes with an old style VGA video port along with the HDMI port.
Things to be aware of:
- No touch screen.
- No backlit keyboard.
- No DVD drive or playback software. An externally connected DVD drive is available.
- Uses an 8th generation processor, which is being replaced with the 9th or even 10th generation.
- HDMI port is available for an external monitor along with the older VGA connector.
- The card reader is a full size SD slot.
- Dell offers an extended hardware and accidental damage warranties that we may recommend, especially for businesses where downtime is unacceptable.
- They have the “ProSupport” and “ProSupport Plus” warranties. The “Plus” covers accidental damage. Occasionally Dell will offer the “Plus” warranty at the “ProSupport” price.
- Whether or not to take advantage of it depends on your tolerance for downtime. We have found that there is a low chance it will be needed on desktops, higher on laptops. In fact, we strongly encourage purchasing extended warranties on laptops due to their fragile nature.